The Cuban Five
Concerts, meetings, debates, exhibitions, book presentations and interactive forums taking place in Cuba to mark the International Meeting for the Liberation of the Five, to be held in Havana on September 12.
The day before, to Cuban television, Rene Gonzalez , one of the Five recently made an apeal liberated placed an order to his people:
At least eight public events will be held on September 11-17 in Washington DC, New York, and Boston to denounce the 15 years of the detention of the five Cuban anti-terrorism fighters in the United States.
A vigil outside the White House, the beginning of the tour by Canadian writer Stephen Kimber with his book "Lo que hay del otro lado del mar. La verdadera historia de los Cinco cubanos" (What's on the other side of the sea. The True Story of the Cuban Five), and a lobbying in the Congress, are part of the program.
Landau visited Hernandez in prison on several occasions along actor Danny Glover. The renowned US journalist was recently awarded the Cuban Friendship Medal, which is granted by the Cuban Council of State, on the proposal of the island’s Friendship Institute.
Despite the unfair arrest, which has already lasted 15 years and the arbitrary prison sentences imposed by an irregular trial held in 2001, in the US city of Miami, “The five keep optimistic,” said Labañino.
- Rene Gonzalez Honors Heroes of 1953 Attack on the Moncada Garrison
- Fraternal Meeting of the Latin American Council of Churches on the Cause of The Five
- Cuban Pastoral Platform Demands End of Injustice against The Five
- Rene Gonzalez: Happy to be among his People and Family
- Support for the Release of the Cuban Five Requested in Canada
- British MPs urge U.S. government to grant visas to wives of Cuban Five
- Wife of Cuban Antiterrorist Details Case of Cuban 5 in Canada