Ricardo Cabrisas, vice-president of the Cuban Council of Ministers is heading the island's delegation, as guest, to the summit of the South Common Market (Mercosur), underway in Montevideo, Uruguay.
According to Granma newspaper, Cuba's presence at the meeting will contribute to tighten bilateral links between Havana and Mercosur and to boost economic and social development as well as the integration of Latin American and Caribbean nations.
The Cuban delegation also includes the vice-director for Latin America and the Caribbean with the island's Foreign Ministry, Manuel Aguilera, and officials with the Cuban Foreign Trade and Investment Ministry.
Summary of News
Most read news
- Speech by the Minister of foreing affairs of the Republic of Cuba Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla at the United Nations General Assembly
- Raúl Castro speech in the Cuban National Assembly
- Diaz-Canel Reiterates Cuba’s Commitment to the Sao Paulo Forum
- Cuba and the World Clamor for Palestine’s Independence
- Anti-imperialist Forum in Cochabamba Demands End of US Blockade of Cuba