News on the Cuban Radio
Specialists dialogue a dozen nations from Tuesday on climate change, ecosystem services, and other topics, during the International Wetlands Symposium 2013 which has its seat in the Zapata Swamp, south of the province of Matanzas.
Experts of Cuba , Mexico , Netherlands, United States, Puerto Rico , Brazil, Argentina , Peru , Colombia and Panama , among others , contribute to the ninth edition of the biennial event in the area declared a Biosphere Reserve and RAMSAR site , about 180 kilometers southeast of Havana.
Today, November 12, Cuba was elected member of the Human Rights Council for the term 2014 – 2016, by the General Assembly.
The election of Cuba constitutes a new recognition of the international community for the important attainments and the exemplary performance of the Cuban people for over five decades, in terms of protection and promotion of the human rights. It also confirms the international confidence on Cuba’s experience for the latter is a crucial player in strengthening the Council as a forum for authentic cooperation for the defense of all human rights for all, without selectivity or double standards.
Cuban singer-songwriter Teresita Fernandez, who excelled in the creation of songs for children and youngsters, died on Monday morning in this capital, at age 83.
The Cuban Institute for Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP), presented social Argentinean social activist Amalia Edith Glaif with the Friendship Medal on Monday, for her permanent work in solidarity-with-Cuba movements in her country.
- Heberprot -P registered in 19 countries
- International Trade Fair Proves Potential of Cuban Exports
- Chinese President Meets Cuban Foreign Minister
- Cuban First VP Congratulates Bayamo City on 500 th Anniversary
- Las Tunas Getting Ready for 23rd Book Fair Next Year
- Cuba and Venezuela Strengthen Economic Cooperation
- Cuba Shows Impact of Biotechnology on Cancer Fight at Havana Trade Fair