News on the Cuban Radio
The Cuban Resolution on the need to lift the over-50-year US commercial, economic and financial blockade of the island was overwhelmingly approved by the UN General Assembly with 188 votes in favor.
The United States and Israel remained isolated as they continue to support the US's hotile Cuban policy, which has inflicted damage on the island estimated at over one trillion 157 billion dollars, according to recent information, plus a huge impact on the people.
Cuban foreign minister Bruno Rodriguez said at the UN General Assembly on Tuesday that the damage inflicted by the US economic, commercial and financial blockade of Cuba are incalculable.
The criminal policy causes suffering and constitute a massive, flagrant and systematic violation of human rights; 76 percent of Cubans have lived under the devastating effects of the blockade since they are born, said the foreign minister as he addressed the 68 plenary session of the United Nations General Assembly.
The Cuban Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MINREX) began a process to improve its structure and functioning, as part of the changes taking place in the island and that also affect other institutions. Such improvement fundamentally aims to strengthen the agency so it can comply with its main mission of proposing and implementing the foreign policy of the State and the Government, and monitoring its compliance.
- Cuban Foreign Minister in New York for UN Vote against US Blockade
- Kreyol language is also present in Cuba
- Washington spied on phone calls of 35 world leaders
- Multi-purpose Cargo Ship Built in Cuba in Route to Venezuela
- Cuban Council of Churches thanks US Religious Leaders for Support against US Hostile Policy
- Angola and Cuba Share Strong and Historic Relations
- UN Agencies in Cuba Keep Developing Bilateral Cooperation Projects