News on the Cuban Radio
Jose Ramon Balaguer, member of the Secretariat of Cuba's Communist Party Central Committee and chief of its International Relations Department received the African diplomatic corps accredited in Havana.
According to Granma newspaper, Balaguer advocated commemorations for the 50th anniversary of the African Union and the historic, cultural and blood bonds between Cuba and Africa. He also stressed the permanent cooperation links between the island and African nations in the social and economic fields.
The central ceremony marking the date takes place today in the western province of Artemisa, where farmers will pay tribute to their countrymen, who attacked the Moncada and Carlos Manuel de Cespedes garrisons in 1953.
- Cuba Strengthens Capacity against Natural Disasters
- Cuba and Nicaragua Negotiate Commercial Agreement
- Raul Castro Stresses Saving of Resources as Important Income Source
- Jose Ramon Fernandez Meets with Former Japanese PM
- Cuba: Machado Ventura Receives French Communist Party delegation
- Rene Gonzalez: Happy to be among his People and Family
- Raul Meets with the Brazilian Minister of Development, Industry and Foreign Trade