SPEECH BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF CUBA MIGUEL DÍAZ-CANEL BERMÚDEZ AT THE GENERAL DEBATE OF THE 75TH SESSION OF THE UNGA.
Mr. Secretary General,
A global pandemic has changed everyday life drastically. From one day to the next, millions of people get infected and thousands die even when their life expectancy was longer thanks to development. Hospital systems with high-level services have collapsed and the health structures of poor countries are affected by their chronic lack of capacity. Drastic quarantines are turning the most populated cities into deserted areas. Social life is non-existent except in the digital networks. Theaters, discos, galleries and even schools are closed or being readjusted.
Our borders have been closed, our economies are shrinking and our reserves are dwindling. Life is experiencing a radical redesigning of age-old ways and uncertainty is replacing certainty. Even close friends cannot recognize each other due to the masks that protect us from the contagion. Everything is changing.
- Bruno Rodríguez: The US irresponsible behavior is the biggest threat to international peace and security
- Cuba with improved capacity to detect Covid-19 cases
- Cuba reports 73 cases of Covid-19
- Canadian travel website Travelzoo chooses Cuba as a safe destination despite the world crisis
- Cuba: More than 8,000 Covid-19 tests and 60 cases
Cuba’s Foreign Minister will address the High-Level Meeting of the General Assembly to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the UN
Sunday, 20 September 2020
Cuba´s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Bruno Rodríguez Parrilla, will speak, next 21 September, at the high-level event, which will be held virtually to mark the 75th anniversary of the United Nations.
Wednesday, 16 September 2020
An international virtual conference against the US blockade over Cuba will be held tomorrow at the headquarters of the Cuban Friendship Institute (ICAP), in Havana.
Wednesday, 16 September 2020
Cuban hero Antonio Guerrero recommends reading 'What lies across the sea,' by Stephen Kimber, after the film 'Wasp Network' was premiered on Cuban television.
Sunday, 13 September 2020
Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez on Sunday described the imposition by the United States of a candidate to head the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) as offensive for Latin America and the Caribbean.
Gilda Gil / PreLaKey to the Cuban national strategy in confronting the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, by which medications are produced to implement treatment protocols established by the Ministry of Public Health, has been the Cuban Pharmaceutical Industry. This bio-pharmaceutical sector has accumulated extensive experience...
Silvio J Blanco / Translation by Gilda GilIn my former comments, we looked into what is called evasion, a strategy very often used by anti-Cuban communication media to overflow large masses with trivial and foolish information, only to the purpose of deviating the attention from the huge calamities that the rich world generates.
Radio Newsletter from Cuba
From Social Media
- Role of the Design in the Cuban Industry Debated in Next Forum
- Lilia Rosa Lopez: A humorist Radio Announcer for Excellence
- Pop music of the 70's
- Fernando Alcorta Castellanos: Radio Cuba and Radio Progreso, His Greatest Schools
- María Dolores Ortiz: It was Cepero Brito who proposed me as panelist (II)
- Cuba’s Foreign Minister will address the High-Level Meeting of the General Assembly to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the UN
- Cuba to hold international virtual conference against US blockade
- Cuban hero says film 'Wasp Network' is full of inaccuracies
- Cuba describes US imposition of IADB candidate as an offense
- Cuba celebrates World Literacy Day
On the Radio
The Cuban Institute of Radio and Television maintains its usual programming in the institution despite COVID-19 outbreak
Cubaperiodistas | Translation by Gilda GilLike all institutions and organizations in the country, the Cuban Institute of Radio and Television (ICRT) has agreed to adhere to a set of disciplinary and sanitary measures established and thereby contribute to preventing the spread of Covid-19 and guaranteeing the transmission of radio and...
Tweet of the day
.@DiazCanelB "we condemn the gangster blackmailing by the US to pressure the Pan-American Health Organization so as to make that regional agency a tool for its morbid aggression against our country. As usual, the force of truth shall do away with lies."#CubaSalvaVidas#UNGA75 pic.twitter.com/2ObfbRRa8T— Cancillería de Cuba (@CubaMINREX) September 22, 2020